Posted to alt.home.repair
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default OT Interesting remark.

"dgk" wrote in message ...

Neocons don't really care about democracy, they care about free
enterprise. If governments are elected that interfere with their
profits, then that democratic goverrnment gets overthrown.

I disagree. *I* believe in free enterprise. Neocons appear to believe in
something quite different, namely govt. enriching big business at the
public's expense whenever possible. The Republican's version of health care
reform saw them pass a unfunded prescription drug bill that prohibited
Medicare from negotiating lower drug prices with pharmaceutical companies in
the way the VA does. That's not business being free to pursue profits,
that's govt. helping business to screw the taxpayer. The Democrats have
their own share of baggage of course, but it would be silly to pretend that
the Republican Party's first concern isn't always the profitability of their
corporate sponsors. But they don't arrange that via free enterprise, they
arrange that by stacking the deck in favor of those who direct hundreds of
millions of dollars in lobbying and campaign funding their way. The drug
companies spend a hundred million a year on buying influence in Washington,
and it seems to be a good investment.