Posted to alt.home.repair
Tegger[_3_] Tegger[_3_] is offline

Default OT a bit - Propane prices

Robert Neville wrote in
:

Tegger wrote:

The commodity's prices are the same everywhere. Any differences will
be due to local taxes (very high in the NE), and delivery policies.

No, they aren't. Propane prices are influenced by a number of factors,
including regional demand (ie crop drying),

I hadn't considered that. There's a lot more agriculture in the midwest
than in NYS.

what the dominate energy source in the region is, how easy it is for
industrial users to switch energy sources, whether the propane
(actually LPG as the blend varianies depending on the region) comes
from LNG tankers or local refineries, domestic wells, etc.

More I hadn't thought of.

Sounds to me like the price differences between regions are quite
legitimate and reasonable.

--
Tegger