Posted to uk.d-i-y
A.Lee A.Lee is offline

Default Ungrateful *******s

ARWadsworth wrote:

Whilst messing about they had also lost the RF signal between the programmer
and the receiver.

I've got this problem with a customer, or maybe it's the thermostat.
The remote Thermostat is calling for heat, but the receiver at the
boiler is not receiving the signal, so doesnt start up.
When the reset button is pressed on the remote thermostat, all is well
again.

I've left it unplugged now, but it will have to be sorted sometime - any
clues on what to do?
The Thermostat is a Salus RT500, new a few weeks ago. It doesnt have a
good reputation if googled, so maybe it is just a crap thermostat.
Not really my problem, as I wired it up for a plumber, but it will need
to be fixed if possible, as it is a rented house.

Aaln.