Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default OT - Experian - subscribe online, can't cancel online

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 10:49:43 +0000 (GMT), Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 19:32:11 GMT, Windmill wrote:

Yup, I'm with SAGA but on DD, so I can cancel unilaterally.

I recently asked my bank what would happen if I had reason to cancel a
DD and was told that the company in question could immediately set up a
new DD on the account, on the basis that they already had DD payment
authorisation.

Cheeky but you just unilaterally cancel that one as well, IIRC they
have to write to you giving you the information about the new DD.
They really don't have a foot to stand on using a DD authorisation
dated pre the cancelation.

I find that unilaterally cancelling a DD grabs a companies attention
very quickly, almost like grabbing 'em by the short and curlies.

What I'd really like to do is have a problem with a DD to a big organisation
- SAGA would do - that has tens of thousands of DDs then get the licence
suspended. That'd sort the abstrads out!
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away