Posted to uk.d-i-y
geraldthehamster[_2_] geraldthehamster[_2_] is offline

Default Proposed changes to permitted development?

On 9 Dec, 18:32, Tim Streater wrote:
In article
,

*geraldthehamster wrote:
On 9 Dec, 04:00, John Rumm wrote:
On 08/12/2010 22:35, Tim Streater wrote:
Did Building Control pass it? If so, how come they didn't check with
Planning when they saw the bales of straw around it?

They probably figured its not their problem...

If he didn't want Planning to know, I'd be highly surprised if he had
risked involving Building Control, as the lesser of the two evils.
Building Control are only ever likely to want something demolished if
it's dangerous, whereas Planning want it knocked down because it's
there...

So when did he get it signed off by BC? If he didn't, then I don't see
how it could have been considered "finished" anyway.

--
Tim

nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted" *-- *Bill of Rights 1689

Building Control have enforcement powers for 12 months after work is
"finished", which suggests there is a definition of "finished" that is
independent of Building Control.

The crappy lean-to utility room outside my kitchen has been there
since the 1960s and is clearly finished, though I doubt anyone
resembling a BCO has ever seen it.

Cheers
Richard