Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How to mount encoder on the Bridgeport spindle?

On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 16:39:15 -0500, Wes
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

If your orings are slightly large as far as circumference, you can trim with a razor and
glue them back together again with isocyanate adhesives (Crazy Glue) although I'm fond of
Loctite 411 myself since we have it at work.

Does anyone here truly have that good a luck with crazy gluing? I get
a 25% "stick" rate with liquid and about a 66% rate with gel, and I've
tried gluing many different things with many different $1 packets of
super-glue. Is my horrible failure rate due to cheap adhesive, or am
I just doing it all wrong? I've tried primers and thick, medium, and
thin usage, most to no avail.

Loctite 411 is really good stuff. I also use it to stick buna-n rubber sheets to
polyurethane blocks.

OMFG! http://fwd4.me/L0G thud
http://fwd4.me/L0V Much better, but look at this vendor's shipping
fee! I'll have to try some of that next time I need cyano.

--
Know how to listen, and you will
profit even from those who talk badly.