Posted to alt.home.repair
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default Noise reduction for speakers

"Home Guy" wrote in message ...

There are two types of audiophiles.

Those that seek technical accuracy in sound reproduction, and those that
seek pleasant or pleasing sound reproduction.

I've known both types, including engineers who designed and built hi-fi
gear. The former are never satisfied, they discover a new brand of solder
or capacitor or whatever that will give them a 3% improvement somewhere and
they aren't happy until they get it. Such people seem more impressed with
the hardware than with the music they're listening to.

I feel there is a point of diminishing returns, where it just doesn't make
sense to chase vanishingly small improvements, much less improvements that
might exist only in the imagination of someone who just paid a silly amount
of money for speaker cable that even the pickiest listeners can't identify
in a blind listening test.

If I'm presented with a sound system that is technically accurate (as
measured by suitable equipment far more capable than any human ear) then
I will be satisfied with the system, and I will let the actual musical
content please me.

But, but, but--vacuum tubes sound *warmer*! ;~)