Conan The Librarian

Default Who said Marples chisels are any good???

Bay Area Dave wrote:

I didn't use a hammer, Chuck. You aren't reading my posts very closely,
are you?

I give them them as much attention as they deserve. (And in this
case, sadly, a lot more.)

In one sentence you mentioned that they were supposed to be able to
withstand mallet and hammer blows. In the next sentence you talked
about chopping hinge mortises.

Can you see how someone might logically infer that the two were related?

OK, fine ... you win. All Blue Chips are a piece of crap (despite
my experiences to the contrary). And you don't need mortising chisels
to chop mortises. And you should be able to do everything from opening
paintcans to paring a paper thin slice of endgrain with the same chisel.
And it should never get dull or chip. And you should be able to buy
it for less than $20. Happy now?

Chuck Vance