Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default OT Interesting remark.

In article ,
"Robert Green" wrote:

Would that justify invading the area of the US that Timothy McVeigh operated
from? Of course not, and when framed that way, the invasion of Afghanistan
makes equally little sense.

Bad analogy. McViegh was a single (maybe two person) cell. There
was no larger organization with sophisticated training areas, etc. Now,
if there was evidence that the governor of Oklahoma had approved
training areas where people were brought in from around the world to get
specific training, had provided logistic support, etc., that the Taliban
did, then we would have been more likely in invading the Sooner State.

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
---PJ O'Rourke