Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] dom@gglz.com is offline

Default OT - Experian - subscribe online, can't cancel online

On Dec 12, 11:23*am, NoSpam wrote:
On 12/12/2010 11:13, Adrian C wrote:

On 12/12/2010 10:51, A.Lee wrote:
wrote:

On Dec 12, 10:13 am, dmc@puffin. (D.M.Chapman) wrote:
wrote:
Totally counter-productive too.

I bet it's massively profitable - you might unsubscribe instantly,
bet a
hell of a lot of people don't. In fact, I suspect a fair few don't even
realise what they have agreed to and never notice it on their credit
card statement.

Direct Line insurance tried a similar trick with me.
Silently auto-renewed a policy, and didn't notify me for 2 weeks (and
no pre-notification - we're going to do this).

Add Naked Wines to the list too.
I'd ordered a number of cases from them over a couple of years, then I
got a case in March which I hadnt ordered.

Add SAGA Insurance to the list :-(

With the last increase being a bit much, we informed their renewal team
that we were shopping around. I found a cheaper deal through someone
else via Quidco and took out the new policy. The following week we found
that SAGA had done a direct debit on SWMBO's account for their following
years expensive insurance - and asked to explain themselves they said
"we do that as a favour for our customers so that if they forget to
renew, they will actually still be covered". Yeah right, it's elderly
forgetful customers freeloaning them cash! Took a heated telephone call
to correct that and have the money back in the account.

Add Churchill insurance to this - absolutely dreadful practices and
systems when I tried to stop dealing with them a year or so ago. Never
again!
My son is just starting a similar battle with Admiral insurance, so
maybe they're all similar.

I also found Direct Line used a low sign-up premium, but lots of
backloaded charges - the 2 very minor changes I made in my policy were
ridiculously expensive.

Norwich Union/Aviva don't do autorenew, they send paperwork through by
post, in advance of the renewal date, and offer a discount of you
complete the renewal online - they are my insurer now.

They don't charge/overcharge for minor changes either.

Best of all, comp on my caravelle £299, add full business use just £1.

(no connection apart from satisfied customer etc)