Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Refrigerator question.

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message

stuff snipped

We replaced a 17 with a 19 a few years ago. And a few months later
we bought a mini-frig for all the beverages that no longer fit in the
'bigger' frig. I don't know if they are measuring differently, or
just arranging things differently. I know the shelves in the door
are deeper- which steals room from the box.

We replaced a 17 with a 17 and discovered that the freezer to refrigerator
compartment ratio was VASTLY different. I no longer have the old one to
measure, but based on the same old stuff we always buy, the new freezer is
smaller by at least a quarter and maybe even a third. In fact, I am going
to measure it to see whether that's true inside space or based on the
outside dimensions of the box. (-: It was a real disappointment and a
lesson in comparison shopping. I was obsessed with energy ratings and
somehow didn't think that 17 CUFt could mean very different things. I even
went to see the unit instead of buying it cheaper via the net. So much for
my ability to estimate three-dimensional space.

--
Bobby G.