Posted to misc.consumers.house
Mark F[_3_] Mark F[_3_] is offline

Default How do washer and dryer capacity compare?

I'm trying to compare washer and dryer capacities.

Manufacturer's literature for Europe might say 5Kg for a washer,
7Kg for a dryer. What do the weights refer to?

I thought that the washer weight was for dry clothes, but I don't know
how the dryer weight is determined. If the dryer weight is supposed
to be the spun dry weight, then a 7Kg capacity dryer probably is
needed to go with a 5Kg washer. If the weight is measured the same
as the washer load weight then I could get a smaller dryer.

Literature for the US seems to use cubic feet, and typically a
4.5 cubic foot dryer is paired with a 7+ cubic foot washer,
which I assume reflects the need for more open space for the drying
operation. Similarly, reviews of Washer/Dryer combination units
(i.e., you don't move the clothing, as contrasted with stackable
units) typically indicate that a full load cannot be dried
in the unit.)

Thanks.