Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Thies Jeff Thies is offline

Default Garden Hose Freeze Protection

On 12/10/2010 8:49 PM, Twayne wrote:
In ,
Jeff typed:
On 12/10/2010 10:51 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 09 Dec 2010 09:00:05 -0500, Jeff
wrote:

I have a commercial quality 1" rubber garden hose.
Faucet is sheltered in the basement.

We are due for some cold weather (12F).

I've never given this much thought. Do I need to drain
the hose or not? Jeff

If you have a house fire, you will be pretty frustrated
trying to get water out of a hose filled with ice.

What the hell does that mean? How many house fires have you
put out with a garden house?

I suspect a bit of sarcasm thereg. Don't let your liver get in a quiver;
this is usenet, after all.

Yes. I see no reason *not* to slap someone around from time to time.
This is usenet, after all! There are a few posters in every group that
contribute nothing useful, just this kind of nonsense. Gives them a
taste too. Note the silly nymn shifting response he made. Silly Troll.

Come up with something useful, now and then, and some sarcasm is fine.

YMMV.

Jeff

Jeff