Posted to rec.woodworking
phorbin phorbin is offline

Default OT - Elizabeth Edwards Funeral Protest

In article ,
says...

Yabut ... violence isn't the right way to solve this problem. Freedom
of one citizen is always bounded by the freedom of another. We have
a spineless government (particularly of late) that refuses to grasp
this notion. Phelps and his mob must be free to peddle their ideas -
however malignant. But I cannot grasp why the various governmental
bodies don't get that the funeral attendees also have co-equal rights.
Then again, I sort of do get it ... for some 70 years, the government
has anointed itself as being in charge of who is- and who is not worth
of particular rights and privileges... and "equal" isn't part of the
formula...

The nutjobs' behaviour sounds a lot like the behaviour of brownshirt
fascists to me.

They also sound a bit like terrorists.

I would ask the question, "Who benefits politically from their bad
behaviour and what is that political beneficiarie's politics when you
strip the facade back to frame and foundation?"

They are on a continuum. If government/law will not stop them, you have
to ask *why* it will not stop them.

Follow the power.