Doug Miller

Default Who said Marples chisels are any good???

In article , Bay Area Dave wrote:
No they weren't mortising chisels. But they have a metal top, mentioned
on the package as being able to withstand mallet blows and the
"occasional" hammer blow! Besides, if I were to want to make a hinge
mortise, I can't believe I need to use a beefy mortising chisel instead
of a bench chisel.

Must be one hell of a hinge, if you have to chop a mortise 3/16" deep.