Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Personal question metal related

Califbill wrote:
"Winston" wrote in message ...

(...)

Nair. Seriously.

At the end of my shave, I dab a little around the outside
of the helixes, the lobes and the entrance of the ear canals.

Washes off in the shower and the results are flawless.

http://www.naircare.com/products/products_lotions.aspx

I left some on my cheek for several minutes and got a
minor chemical burn. So, rinse it off just like it
says in the instructions.

--Winston

Reply:
Nair is nasty stuff.

I don't know about 'nasty'...

MSDS says we should not drink it or put it in our eyes.
https://www2.itap.purdue.edu/msds/docs/4192.pdf

Sounds reasonable to me.

As long as it is rinsed off after 3 minutes with
a few gallons of heated Hydric Acid per instructions,
I can't imagine it to be unreasonably hazardous.
I haven't experienced any issues with it and it
works better than anything else I've tried.

Here's the MSDS for Hydric Acid:
http://www.dhmo.org/msdsdhmo.html

It's a perspective thing. Some folks snip ear hair
using a nice sharp pair of scissors.

(That is potentially nasty!)

My barber was telling the story of one of his
customers telling about a haircut in Cairo, Egypt. the guy asked if he
wanted his ear hairs done, and when he said yes, the barber put
something in the ear and flamed it, with a quick whoosh, all the ear
hair was gone.

Just between you and me, the cream sounds safer.

But I use a rechargeable cutter with changeable blades
from Walmart. Works well. Was about $18 a couple years ago.

Upthread, you see that I use a similar tool for my schnozz.

It works just fine.

--Winston