Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Good product: Maax shower door kit

From the giving credit where credit is due dep't:

Just finished installing a set of shower doors for a client. They bought
them (online from Home Despot). Fairly simple kit, from Maax (a Canuck
company, it turns out), but there were some "gotchas" in the
installation, of course, like one wall that wasn't exactly plumb. So I
ended up calling their toll-free tech support line, which was duly
answered. (Basically the advice was "shim it", which is what I did.)

The product is good: aluminum frame members, doors hang from top track
on nylon rollers. Everything fits together nicely; good provision for
caulking; manual is clearly written (hey, it even says "Measure twice,
cut once" a couple times). End result is good-looking and smoothly
functional.

who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.