Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] cjdaytonjrnospam@cox.net is offline

Default Samsung and AT&T U-Verse HDMI error?

Keith wrote:
All:
I just got off the phone with an AT&T U-Verse customer support person.
I told her that an error message was displayed on my TV in my back
bedroom. It stated that it could not show the HDMI image -- either
U-Verse error H1005 or H1006. Even though the TV image showed fine
underneath this message.
She told me to get some component cables. What are they and does that
mean that I cannot get HDMI? BTW, I have a Samsung UN46B6000 in my back
bedroom and a Samsung UN32B6000 in my den. No such errors in the front
den.

Keith Lee

It sounds like a handshake issue. That's when you are using
an hdmi cable and the tv has trouble connecting to the device
on the other end. I'll bet that's why the csr suggested using
component cables. Those carry video in hd, but not the audio.
You would need to use an audio cable with the component cables.
Do a search on your tv model and the uverse box. You may find
an easy solution for the problem.
Chip

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB