Grandpa

Default Husqvarna Chainsaw Fiasco

Greg O wrote:

"Rich" wrote in message
om...

Purchased a nice chainsaw via internet like most of all my tools.

This the reason I buy nothing mail order or internet that I may expect
service on down the road. Disposable items sure, but not something I may
want dealer service from.
Next time you buy something, support the local dealer. You may be surprised
that it is less costly in the long run!

Certainly a good ideal, however when I for example bought my Rancher 55
last year, the local dealer wanted $429, I got it thru Lowes for $269, a
$160 difference. I don't mind paying a 'little' more to support local
businesses, and often do, but when you're looking at a price difference
like mine its a whole new ballgame. I've no idea why the originator of
this thread bought where he did but perhaps he was faced with a
situation like mine. Either way the dealer is getting reimbursed by the
Mfgr so he's not doing it for free.