Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Oil tank alarms

On 10 Dec 2010 21:15:24 GMT, Matt wrote:

Anyone got on advice on a decent oil tank alarm please?

Do you mean alarm as in "my contents are being stolen" or alarm as in
"I'm very nearly empty"?

I'm not aware of any of the former, the closest I've seen is a
lockable clamp for the filler cap.

http://www.cheapestoil.co.uk/shop/oil-tank-lock.aspx

The problem with theft is the beggers who do it don't really care,
lock the cap and they'll simply cut a hole in the tank stick a hose
in connected to a pump/tank in the back of their van and pump away.
If the hole is below the oil level so what?

--
Cheers
Dave.