Posted to alt.home.repair
Home Guy Home Guy is offline

Default FloodSafe supply hoses - any experience?

harry wrote:

What say you?

They cut this hose for a demo:

Few hoses burst in this catastrophic way.

I only watched half the video, but my primary reason for buying a hose
with that shut-off valve is when I'm connecting water to something that
has a plastic inlet connector, or otherwise to an appliance that has
electrically-operated valves. The idea here is that plastic inlets and
electrical valves can break or malfunction and cause a catastrophic leak
(primarily disk washers and clothes washers).

Plumbing lines to fixtures such as wash basins, kitchen sinks, toilets,
etc, don't really need this device. In those cases, failure of the
up-stream valve would simply result in water going down the drain, not
all over the floor.

The answer is not to use ths flexible hoses where they are
avoidable.

Many older homes (built more than 10 or 20 years ago) would, I imagine,
have solid copper lines running to all inside fixtures (sinks and
toilets) so they wouldn't need a flex line for those things unless there
was renovation going on.