Secret Squirrel

Default Husqvarna Chainsaw Fiasco

"Jon Endres, PE" t
wrote in :

"Rich" wrote in message
om...
Purchased a nice chainsaw via internet like most of all my tools.

snip of chainsaw repair attempt

Anyway be advised if your buying mail order chainsaws.

Advised of what? Caveat emptor. I have three saws, two of which I
bought from eBay and one of which I bought from my local dealer.
They're Stihl saws, so they don't break like Husqvarnas do

Anyway, my dealer has no problem working on any of my saws, or selling
me parts, or supplies, but I sure don't expect him to do free repairs
if I didn't buy the saw there. Granted, none of them are still under
warranty, but if I wanted a new saw, I'd buy locally. The ones off of
fleaBay were both used.

Car dealers work the same way. I don't think they can flat out refuse
to do warranty repairs, but they can sure drag it out forever and get

They could but they won't. The profit centers in a new car dealership are
service and used cars. Higher end imports excluded, most new car dealers
lose money on their new car sales operation or at best break even. They
maintain those operations as that is what drives the service, body shop
and parts (as well as used cars) operations. Further the manufacturers
would NEVER knowlingly tolerate that sort of thing as there is simply too
much competition to lose a good customer to a competitor over
unnecisarilly poor service.

you to pay for stuff you don't need in order to make up for it. In

The billable rate is exactly the same whether they sold the car or not.
There is nothing to make up.

most cases, it's actually up to the manufacturer to cover that stuff.
If Husky is willing to back up their dealers, then be prepared to pay
to have your saw fixed.

Jon E