Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Insulation between garage and living space above

jamesgangnc wrote:
-snip-
I'm thinking maybe I'll use string and staple the string across the
joists after I put a batt up. Not any different amount of work from
stapling the batt paper. If I cut a couple dozen pieces of string the
width of the space I can just let them hang as I install batts and
staple the string to the next joist.

I never did that- but it sounds like a good idea. My technique
would be to keep a ball of string in my tool pouch- stapler in a
holster. Push the bat in- then staple a zig-zag pattern with the
string as I walk down the line.

Jim