Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default On aging

On 12/9/2010 6:33 PM, wrote:
On Dec 9, 5:41 pm,
wrote:
On 12/9/2010 4:15 PM, Vic Smith wrote:

On Thu, 9 Dec 2010 08:26:54 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

==
Why would anyone want to clean ones bowel? Its self-cleaning most of
the time. Mother nature never intended for artificial cleansing of
one's excretory system. Never mind the mucoid plaque...that is
bull****.

There's an incredibly stupid commercial with somebody called something
like the "bowel lady."
I flip away when ever it comes on.
You're right about bull****. Plaque? Next they'll be selling bowel
floss so you can floss your ass.
Just eat what makes you **** normal, that's all.

--Vic

I had a neighbor who talked about colonic cleansing - removing "toxins",
etc. I've been intimately familiar with quite a few colons and their
cleansing needs as a nurse, but plaque? My neighbor had s--- for
brains, so perhaps the s--- was floating above the plaque. He used to
mention that he didn't wear underwear, too. I didn't keep his company
by choice )- Hide quoted text -

fleet phospho soda a tiny bottle will clean anyone totally out.

i had to take it before weight loss surgery 9 years ago, which worked
great.

stay very close tob toilet, fleet phospho costs under 3 bucks

drink lots of water the fast exit can dehydrate you

My roommate has the remainder of a gallon of Go-Lightly in the fridge.
He wasn't able to drink the whole gallon but what he was able to down,
turned him in to a jet boat. This was of course prior to having one
of those butt-O-scopes shoved up his tailpipe by doctors doing an
inspection of his bioreactor column. :-)

TDD

That stuff is lethal. I'd rather die of colon cancer than die of
explosive exhaust syndrome )

Our dog was hit by a car and had a fractured pelvis. He went a while
without a BM, so vet prescribed a pediatric Fleet enema - didn't take
much and worked in seconds. He also was disinclined to go potty in the
house. We kept him in a mesh playpen for comfort and observation, as he
couldn't move very well. The vet kept him overnight, to make sure he
could pee and poop and then we brought him home in a comfy laundry
basket. Two of us lifted him carefully out of the basket and onto the
lawn to let him go before taking him into the house. No pee. Took him
in and placed him carefully into the playpen...I could feel his broken
bones moving when we lifted him. After about 5 minutes, he JUMPED over
the side of the playpen and peed on the floor. He was home, figured
he'd be forgiven. During his rehab, I fed him per the same protocol for
people with fractures - high protein, high calorie diet. He ate twice
the normal amount and maintained the same weight. After seeing his
xrays, I didn't expect him to recover but he certainly did. His pelvis
on xrays looked like broken glass - shattered to pieces. Being a nurse
has been handy - avoid seeing doctors, gave CPR to inlaws' newborn
puppy, avoided the usual long-term medication prescriptions to treat
normal life conditions )