Posted to alt.home.repair

Default FloodSafe supply hoses - any experience?

On Dec 10, 4:57*am, harry wrote:
On Dec 9, 10:17*pm, Oren wrote:

On Thu, 9 Dec 2010 08:29:12 -0800, "Jon Danniken"

wrote:
I was thinking of replacing the supply hoses on my warshing machine with
some of the Watts FloodSafe hoses.

As usual, I looked around the web to see how wonderful they were, but
instead I came across a lot of people mentioning problems with the hoses,
mostly along the lines of restricted flow rates (taking forever to do a
load), and false tripping (requiring pulling the machine out to access the
bib, removing, then reinstalling the hose).

Now I am not so sure that I want these. *Maybe I'll just go with the
stainless braided hoses instead.

What say you?

Jon

Watts makes a _Watts Floodsafe Auto-shutoff Connector_. *The water
shuts off when the hose (s) leak. It goes on the stop valve.

They cut this hose for a demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fpb-q8Is7w-Hide quoted text -

Few hoses burst in this catastrophic way. *Mostly it's just a minor
leak, (but still damaging). *However this device won't stop this sort
of thing. *I imagine after a while they will scale up too & not
work. * Semi snake oil.
The answer is not to use ths flexible hoses where they are avoidable.

Gee, did you figure that out all by yourself?

They are just put in for ease of installation by the idle and the
incompetent.

Tell us how you would put in a washing machine, the appliance in
question,
without using hoses.