Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default OT Interesting remark.

On Dec 9, 6:30*pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 12/8/2010 11:22 PM harry spake thus:

On Dec 8, 8:49 pm, "DGDevin" wrote:

"harry" *wrote in message

What made Bush think he could do any better than the might of the
USSR situated right next door?

Well, actually he did. *The Taliban was destroyed and/or fled, and
didn't really bounce back for four or five years. *Unfortunately
the U.S. and its allied had put Afghanistan so far on the back
burner that those precious years were lost and the Taliban stepped
back into almost a power vacuum, stronger than ever. *It's kind of
like home repair, you have to finish the job or there is little
point in even starting.

Now I got the impresion that the CIA was helping the Taliban just
because they were fighting the USSR.

Of course they were; that's not even controversial at this point.
Zbigniew Brzezinski has said as much, so we can take it as true.

* *To me, the *plonk...* reminds me of the old man at the public hearing
* *who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
* *that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.- Hide quoted text -

The problem got bigger when the cold war was finally ended. Then was
the time when the US should have run down it's militatry machine and
started spending the taxpayers money on the taxpayer, eg new roads,
railways etc.
But no. The US arms manufacturers realised they were out of a job.
So new wars were started via their politician friends and this
continues.
They have realised that guerilla wars are no good for their bank
balances. What they need is a real war. ie North Korea.

Or was that South? Maybe both. Especially if the mad cow Palin
woman gets in. Say, how about China?