Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Amount of lighting

Mike M wrote:

Ballast factor can range from about .78 to 1.19. I'd be sure I got
something in the range of at least .88. If your conserned about the
ballasts just install glr fuses in each fixture.

I wasn't too concerned. Should I be? : )
I'm going to browse over to Luthonia.com and see if they give the
"ballast factor" in the specifications.

How ever many
fixtures you put on a circuit keep it to 12 amps max for 15 amp and 16
amps for a 20 amp circuit. Can't use a larger circuit with
fluorescent. If you load the circuits lighter you can add task
lighting later to existing circuits.

Mike M

Yep. That's a good point. I mentioned before I had two lights that were
already powered by a separate sub-panel. I think I'll probably replace
and reconfigure those, using their existing wiring, so that they blend
in with the new flock of lights. I'm not ready to consider the
implications of that decision regarding my conduit yet..hopefully none.

Bill