Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default OT-Junk science targeted

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 09 Dec 2010 14:43:26 -0600, Ignoramus28131

On 2010-12-09, azotic wrote:
?The incoming Republican majority in the House of Representatives has
selected the National Science Foundation (NSF) as the first target for a
"YouCut Citizen Review", in which ordinary Americans are being asked to
identify "wasteful spending that should be cut".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=LSYTS-nRt4o

http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/sh...lay-judge.html

Fraudsters in academia may have to get real jobs.

I have to admit that as a regular citizen, if I was given, say, two
quantum physics projects and needed to decide which one to cut from
funding, I would probbaly not do a very good job.

Maybe the rest of the public is more intelligent than me. Perhaps they
would cancel all projects that do not support creationism, all physics
etc.

OK, so don't weigh in on those. What about the other 632,496 things
upon which you might be more qualified to "vote" on? A whole lot of
this is common sense.

Do we continue to wage wars and waste money on frivolous crap forever,
or do we start reining in the wild horses asses in D.C. today?

--
Invest in America: Buy a CONgresscritter today!

Larry,
Help me out here?
Which of those 632,496 subjects are you qualified to "vote" on?

Last time I checked the scientific journals were a "peer review"
system. So I guess what I'm asking is - which of the journals
have YOU been published in?

It was the politicians who came up with the term "junk science".

--

Richard Lamb
email me: