Posted to alt.home.repair
WandererFan WandererFan is offline

Default Blank-Blank Toilet Bolt Covers

On Dec 9, 3:32*pm, Red Green wrote:
le snip

You probably can get away with it but there's no guarantee. Probably be
better actually. Right now you have the washer right on the porcelain with
the nut on top?

Loosen them equally like when you tighten them. Overkill, but maybe turn
the supply off and flush first to reduce uncentered weight.

-or cheat -

put some caulk on the edge of the caps, set and let dry.

Yes, washer on porcelain. The more I think about that, the less I
like it. The floor is very solid, shouldn't flex, but a crack would
be a "bad thing".

Guess I'll bite the bullet and fix it properly.