Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default FloodSafe supply hoses - any experience?

On Thu, 9 Dec 2010 08:29:12 -0800, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:

I was thinking of replacing the supply hoses on my warshing machine with
some of the Watts FloodSafe hoses.

As usual, I looked around the web to see how wonderful they were, but
instead I came across a lot of people mentioning problems with the hoses,
mostly along the lines of restricted flow rates (taking forever to do a
load), and false tripping (requiring pulling the machine out to access the
bib, removing, then reinstalling the hose).

Now I am not so sure that I want these. Maybe I'll just go with the
stainless braided hoses instead.

What say you?

Jon

Watts makes a _Watts Floodsafe Auto-shutoff Connector_. The water
shuts off when the hose (s) leak. It goes on the stop valve.

They cut this hose for a demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fpb-q8Is7w