Posted to rec.woodworking
Ecnerwal[_3_] Ecnerwal[_3_] is offline

Default Amount of lighting

In article ,
Bill wrote:

On 12/9/2010 12:31 PM, Bill wrote:

Thank you. That works for me! There will be enough "blue tape" around to
eliminate any confusion.

With new 3/4" conduit around, it makes one start thinking about the
possibility for those ceiling outlets that seemed like such a stretch
before... They are just a new roll of colored tape away! : )

Or even easier, just have them share a heavier circuit (which has
indirectly already been suggested). I'll have to sleep on it.

The odds of having the lights go out increase dramatically as soon as
you do that. I don't think I've _ever_ had a ballast "short out and blow
a breaker" - they usually fail much less dramatically and the tubes
associated with them stop lighting up. Not that it could never happen,
just hasn't in 40+ years.

Start hanging power tools off the same circuit and things change. I
detest lights and outlets on the same circuits because I've lived too
many places with that setup and learned to hate the consequences.