Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Weston John Weston is offline

Default Butane 7.5 kg gas blow torch

In article , "Moonraker" wrote:

I asked a question about a replacement blow torch about a week ago and
got 2 replies. They were ideal except that they were for propane, but my
cylinder is butane. The only butane ones I can find are small ones for
little jobs, or those with the throw away cylinders. I used my for
plumbing and paint stripping. Has anyone any suggestions please?

How about a Chalugaz hose torch, intended for Campingaz, see
http://www.campingaz.com/p-23814-chalugaz-profil.aspx. Their L2000
attachment talks about use with butane (20kW output). You'll have to
modify the cylinder attachment, unless you use a Campingaz cylinder
(expensive).

I've got an old Chalugaz (not the Profil) in the garage and I think it
connects straight to my 907 cylinder without a regulator. Sorry, but
it's too cold to go out and look, or to try it on my Calor butane
cylinder, which has a clip-on regulator :-(

--
John W