IMM

Default DPS Pandora heat bank

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
t...
And depending on the heat bank system you can have 10 bar pressure, not

3.5
as on unvented cylinders.

Well, it is limited to 6 bar. If your mains even
approaches this pressure,

Mine actually does. Which is still far higher than the 3.5 of an unvented
cylinder.

you need a PRV in case of natural variations.

Nice to have one as it acts as a regulator when the pressure is above the
setpoint.

I haven't measured mine, but
I'm sure it isn't that high. I'm on a hill
and the flow rate is about
average. No banging from the taps,
either when turned off.

This will combine the energy of the thermal
store and the power of the
boiler, in effect making the cylinder larger.

No need. The cylinder is well overspecced,

Not the right thing to do. It should be sized correctly with the combined
output of the boiler taken into account.

getting on for two baths with no
recovery. I can wait for the cylinder stat
to kick in, which it will fairly quickly, as it
is right at the bottom.

What make of stat and what temp is is set at?

It is an indirect system, so I can't
directly combine the boiler output
without a rats nest of expensive zone
valves, flow switches and additional heat exchangers.
It is indirect as I need to run a pressurised
primary system.

The boiler can still pump 25kW into the cylinder when draw-off large water
volumes, although not directly combining its full output with the thermal
stores.

---