Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Amount of lighting

On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 20:12:31 -0500, Ecnerwal
wrote:

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 14:39:26 -0800, Mike M
wrote:
(B) Disconnecting Means. Each multiwire branch circuit
shall be provided with a means that will simultaneously
disconnect all ungrounded conductors at the point where
the branch circuit originates.

Mike, can you point out the particular text in that extract which
states the demand to tie two 120v breakers together when supplying
120v equipment?

I'm not mike, but that's what it says right there. "simultaneously
disconnect" is equivalent to, but more general than,"tied." Obviously
it's been edited over time (normal for code), since otherwise item C and
its exception #2 would not be relevant, having been required in item B...

I believe it talked about 240v and 3-phase and split-receptacles, but
not what we were discussing. That's why I brought it up. I wonder if
he'll answer.

Personal bias - just use a 240V breaker when you are contemplating
"tieing two together".

I can't imagine anyone wanting to tie two lighting circuits together.
If a ballast shorted, all the lights in the shop would be dead at
once...while the saw blades/router bits/planer blades were still
spinning.

--
Invest in America: Buy a CONgresscritter today!