Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Carl Ijames[_3_] Carl Ijames[_3_] is offline

Default stock supplier in MD?

Durrett & Shepard in Baltimore is good for structural steel like beams,
channel, and tube. Call and see if they have a drop they can cut for you.
BMG just south of Balt. is good on some things, give them a call too, and
Pennsylvania Steel up in York (they have a truck down here 2-3 days a week).
Those three are where we get most of our steel and stainless, plus Copper
Brass/Thyssen for aluminum. I'll try to check our stock/scrap pile at work
tomorrow to see if we have anything (we are in Laurel, MD).

-----
Regards,
Carl Ijames

"David Lesher" wrote in message
So I need ~12" of rectangular steel tube with a 1.75" gap in
one direction; the other way can be from that up to 5".

This for the unspooler.

There's a Metals to Go place in Glen Burnie, but they handle AL
and stainless, not mundane stuph. Is there any place similar
that does have steel?