Posted to alt.home.repair
teabird teabird is offline

Default Toilet tide?

On Dec 7, 1:30*pm, Hank wrote:
I call it toilet tide, but what is it when the level in the toilet
drops an inch or so? It is the atmospheric pressure, wind blowing
across the vent tube creating a little more vacuum, clogged vent, low
water in the back, or something else? It's no big deal, just curious.

Hank

For our toilets, If I need a complete flush, I need to hold down the
handle until the bowl clears. Then the fill up takes the longest time
and the bowl fills to the max (probably more but the excess drains
through).

Sometimes I'm in a hurry and don't hold down the handle long enough.
The bowl mostly flushes but sometimes not even completely. Either
way, with less water to replace in the tank, the fill takes less time,
and the bowl doesn't quite fill up as described above.

John