Posted to rec.woodworking
Ecnerwal[_3_] Ecnerwal[_3_] is offline

Default Amount of lighting

In article , Bill
wrote:

Mike Marlow wrote:

So... now that you're thinking about using conduit - go out and buy yourself
a 1/2" EMT bender.

size do you recommend?

Bill

Reiterating what I said in another post, I find your defaulting to 12Ga
makes no sense when I think about what you are running on it (amperage
loads). As for conduit size, it's always easier to use larger conduit,
and costs little more for the extra ease and space. 1/2" is technically
fine for 8 12Ga THHN - that does not mean it will be a pleasant pull.

http://www.electrician2.com/calculat...alculator.html

I see no reason you can't run a 15 amp breaker (or breakers) and 14 ga
wire for the number of lights you are talking about (and I'm also a bit
confused about where you think you need 8 wires in one conduit for your
layout.)