Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Amount of lighting

Bill wrote:
Mike Marlow wrote:
I bet you find
you've been making a mountain out of a mole hill here.

I hope so. But, from my vantage point, the part about how to wire a
bunch of fixtures in parallel, properly, was a decent-sized mole hill!
In my related reading, I'm finding the proper installation of EMT to
be a non-triviality (too). About all I can do (on my projects) is learn,
think and write about them until about mid-March. In (much) earlier
years, I would try to conceive, design and create a project on the
same day--preferably including finishing! Somewhere between then and
now I became more knowledgeable about, and subsequently impressed by,
the design process itself. When I was doing my drywall work this summer,
it seemed really "foreign" to me to realize I didn't need to save
much of my "design documentation". I'm accustomed to saving copies of
almost
everything. You can see from the various people that make posts to
this thread that I'm far from the only one who reads and learns from
your posts.

Oh hell - we all learn from each other's posts. The true beauty (and the
original intent...) of newsgroups. Wiring in conduit is nothing major.
Don't read into what you read too much. It's really straightforward stuff.
So... now that you're thinking about using conduit - go out and buy yourself
a 1/2" EMT bender. While away the hours between now and mid-March, studying
how to bend EMT, practicing it, learning how to quickly get rid of those
nasty pretzel bends that you'll be guaranteed to make in the beginning, and
by mid-March, you'll be up on your ladder hanging conduit. You'll love it -
it has such an industrial look. Really impresses the chicks...

--

-Mike-