Charlie Self

Default Husqvarna Chainsaw Fiasco

Juergen Hannappel responds:

Even the Stihl saws require service from time to time. I had one once,
and every year when i tried to fire it up it didn't work... No matter
how i pulled on the starter line it would not start, so i took it to
the dealer, he took it into his magic hands, pulled once and voila! it
ran...

I had a couple Stihl saws once. My impression of them was that they'd run the
day before I needed them and the day after, but almost never on the actual
cutting day. Switched off to a Homelite, XL12 IIRC, and went on about my
business. Of course, this was 30+ years ago, Homelite is no longer Homelite,
and Stihl probably has improved.

Charlie Self
"Character is much easier kept than recovered." Thomas Paine

http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/m.../business.html