Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default House Fire

Red Green wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in
ter.com:

Red Green wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

http://www.wwnytv.com/news/local/Fir...use-3-Homeless
-11 1461314.html

Please be careful, folks. I've not met these people. But, I'm an
email friend of Steve Spence. I've written to ask what the needs
are. The house was a total loss, and there was no insurance.

Be careful. I was reminded last Wednesday that a negligent truck
driver can total my Blazer, in an instant. A moment of inattention
to fireplace ashes, and the house is gone.

I've emailed Steve (who is out of town at the moment, and has
internet). What are the family's needs. Might be something we on
AHR can help with.

Why no insurance?

Not possible unless he owned the home outright.

Inherited off grid old family farm house.

http://www.greentrust.org if I recall his site.

I couldn't get to the site...but I do have a Hosts file that blocks 10's of
thousands of sites.

I understand there are many, through no fault of their own, dirt poor that
live in shacks in this country. Things like food, heat and paying taxes to
keep the shack suck up any income they have.

I don't know if this is the case or it's just plain stupidity...like with
the ashes.

In this case they were not dirt poor, however they chose to live off
grid in their inherited family farm house and live more self reliantly.
In this case it seems they are going to have to rely on themselves to
rebuild as well.