Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default House Fire

Harry K wrote in
:

On Dec 8, 7:26*am, Hank wrote:
On Dec 8, 8:21*am, "Stormin Mormon"

wrote:
* * *http://www.wwnytv.com/news/local/Fir...-House-3-Homel

ess-11146...

Please be careful, folks. I've not met these people. But, I'm an
email friend of Steve Spence. I've written to ask what the needs
are. The house was a total loss, and there was no insurance.

Be careful. I was reminded last Wednesday that a negligent truck
driver can total my Blazer, in an instant. A moment of inattention
to fireplace ashes, and the house is gone.

I've emailed Steve (who is out of town at the moment, and has
internet). What are the family's needs. Might be something we on
AHR can help with.

--
Christopher A. Young

Probably a scam of some sort. Scams are heavy this time of year. Very
vague report. Anyway, if they couldn't afford insurance, they
couldn't afford the house.

I'll bet he has a P.O. box to send money to.

Not enough information to assume that. There are a lot of houses out
there that aren't worth insuring but are still habitable.

Then there is no loss. Structure not worth say avg $1k/yr cost of
insurance?

Fires caused by careless disposal of ashes are a common source of
house fires. Mine go from the stove (ash pan) right out the door and
spread on the lawn.

Harry K