Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Kilts...which ones are best for work wear?

Larry Jaques on Wed, 08 Dec 2010
06:11:04 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 02:44:18 GMT, Doug White
wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in
Gunner Asch wrote:
Or is the Utilikilt not tough enough?

Certainly coverage, potentially flammability. The additional leather
apron may negate some of those issues.

For myself, I do pretty much all TIG and don't care for third degree
sunburn, so I am always fully covered when welding.

They also make leather Utilikilts. VERY pricey, but REALLY nice.

The regular ones are made out of heavy cotton twill. Certainly as rugged
as a good denim.

And for "only" twenty five times the price of a good pair of jeans. (I
buy $10 pairs of Rustler jeans at BiMart and couldn't be happier.)

C'mon. There's the same amount of material in a Utilikilt as a pair of
jeans, yet they're ungodly expensive. That rankles me. Oh, I forgot.
They spend six more minutes to install half a dozen rivets and press
the pleats. I sure don't see the draw those things have to guys,
especially given the abuse they get from other guys when wearing them.

Enjoy your kilties, boys!

If you haven't the balls to wear 'a dress' do not come whining to
me.

I've yet to have a kilt bunch up in the crotch.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich