Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Kilts...which ones are best for work wear?

On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 02:44:18 GMT, Doug White
wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in
ster.com:

Gunner Asch wrote:
Or is the Utilikilt not tough enough?

Certainly coverage, potentially flammability. The additional leather
apron may negate some of those issues.

For myself, I do pretty much all TIG and don't care for third degree
sunburn, so I am always fully covered when welding.

They also make leather Utilikilts. VERY pricey, but REALLY nice.

The regular ones are made out of heavy cotton twill. Certainly as rugged
as a good denim.

And for "only" twenty five times the price of a good pair of jeans. (I
buy $10 pairs of Rustler jeans at BiMart and couldn't be happier.)

C'mon. There's the same amount of material in a Utilikilt as a pair of
jeans, yet they're ungodly expensive. That rankles me. Oh, I forgot.
They spend six more minutes to install half a dozen rivets and press
the pleats. I sure don't see the draw those things have to guys,
especially given the abuse they get from other guys when wearing them.

Enjoy your kilties, boys!

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
--Jack London