Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Worth it to have Economy 7?

In article , Ret.
scribeth thus
Cynic wrote:
On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:10:46 +0000, AlanG wrote:

It would probably be cheaper in the long term to get rid of E7 and
buy a mobile gas heater and a bottle of gas.
http://www.gasproducts.co.uk/acatalo...lor_Gas_Cabine

t_Heater.html

One such gas heater will heat an average living room perfectly
adequately. In a home that is unoccupied during working hours on week
days, a 15 Kg bottle will last about 2 weeks in midwinter (depending
on the room insulation).

A 15Kg re-fill costs a bit under £30 today. So you will be spending
about £60 per month to heat your living room.

My monthly gas direct debit payment, currently stands at £56.00 - and that
is for a 3-bed detached house, full central heating throughout, abundant hot
water and gas cooking.

I'm also currently running a positive balance at that
payment and my supplier (Atlantic Gas and Electricity) as a loyalty bonus,
also refunds one month's gas and electricity payments every November (nice
for Christmas!).

We've just got shot of them and gone for E-ON around 450 quid a year
cheaper gas and leccy..
--
Tony Sayer