Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default OT The Post Office should cut mail days in half and the priceof stamps

On 12/7/2010 10:32 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Ralph Mowery" wrote

The worst service I have gotten lately was the US Mail. Friend in a
town less than an hour a way by car sent me a package that contained
an item about the size of a printer ink cartrage. It took almost two
weeks from the postmark.
All othere things seem to come in a few days from the shipping date.

I sent a package about that size a few months back. Put it in my mailbox
here in rural CT and the carrier picked it up on Saturday about 3PM. I
was shocked to get an email from the recipient on Monday in Los Angeles.

USPS has agreements with the other carriers for backend package stuff.
What is still really broken is the stuff they handle themselves. Send a
package to an adjoining state and it will likely take a week.