Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey[_2_] Terry Casey[_2_] is offline

Default 12-volt fatal shock 'snow-clearing train'

In article , says...

On 06/12/2010 21:45, Terry Casey wrote:
In ,
lid says...

Going back to your Meccano motor, I had a Trix construction set from which I built bells
and buzzers. One project in the manual modified a buzzer by adding two wires connected to
metal 'handles' to turn it into an electric shock machine ...!

I remember there being an electric shock machine outside the lower tram
station on the Great Orme in Llandudno. I think it took pennies and
there was a fixed brass handle, a rotating one, and a meter, and I
suppose the idea was to see how high a voltage one could stand.

They were quite common in penny arcades years ago, alongside the cranes, fortune telling
machines and laughing policemen ...

Made a change from flicking ball bearings around at high speed behind a sheet of glass,
though ...

--

Terry