Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Post Reno Cleanup Moaning

On Dec 7, 9:35*pm, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
On 12/7/2010 8:23 PM, WandererFan wrote:

On Dec 7, 7:18 pm, *wrote:

le snip
* Part of our daily routine when leaving the
house is to switch the compressor on (which we moved to the exit door)
and spend five minutes blowing the dust off our clothes. *Be sure to
change your furnace filter. *Even with the return sealed mine was
caked in drywall dust after a couple of weeks of sanding.

I blipped the trigger on the blow gun the other day and a huge white
cloud rose up around me. * Wonder if I could use the compressor to
raise the dust and then something else to suck it out of the air?
Probably never get enough CFM or inches of vacuum or whatever.

The furnace filter is on the list!

You could get a cheap box fan and a 2" thick pleated furnace filter
the same dimensions as the fan. Duct tape the filter to the fan where
the air is drawn in and let it run before and after you blow the dust
off everything. You could assemble a couple per room and let them blow
the air in a circle. I designed a stand alone air filter cabinet for a
printing company years ago that used cascading air filters of increasing
density to help remove paper dust from the air.

TDD

I put fans in several windows in distant parts of the house blowing in
so the house is pressurized. Then I keep the windows open in the room
where I am sanding, even taking out the screens if possible. All the
dust goes out the window and makes a mess outside, but it keeps the
dust from getting into other rooms,