Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug White Doug White is offline

Default Kilts...which ones are best for work wear?

"Pete C." wrote in
ter.com:

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 09:36:15 -0600, "Pete C."
wrote:

Doug White wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote in
:

Im going to save up for a working kilt and was wondering which
brand/ style/material/type was the best for the buck?

Suggestions ideas etc greatly appreciated

Anyone have a good used one kicking around collecting dust?
38/24 size

My family has 3 UtiliKilts. They are well designed, and very well
made. The Survial model with detachable pockets are my favorites.

http://www.utilikilts.com/

The customer made ads are also a hoot.

Doug White

Caution: Utilikilt not recommended for use while welding.

Material issues, or coverage issues?

I usually wear shorts in the long hot summers here, and weld in them
regularly, but also wear a long leather apron to protect my legs.

Or is the Utilikilt not tough enough?

Certainly coverage, potentially flammability. The additional leather
apron may negate some of those issues.

For myself, I do pretty much all TIG and don't care for third degree
sunburn, so I am always fully covered when welding.

They also make leather Utilikilts. VERY pricey, but REALLY nice.

The regular ones are made out of heavy cotton twill. Certainly as rugged
as a good denim.

Doug White