Posted to uk.d-i-y,sci.electronics.repair

Default RAC Portable Power Station, need DC adaptor spec

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
Michael A. Terrell wrote:
I have an electronic battery tester - an expensive device. This gives
a instantaneous readout of the capacity in amp.hours. If you don't
know what it should be it is fairly useless.

Instantaneous? Right. It gives an WAG. Battery testers have been
around for generations. Just because they add a little electronics
doesn't make them magic.

You don't half talk rubbish. Battery testers used to be large devices.
This is the size of a DVM. And gives an accurate readout of the overall
battery condition. Not just its voltage or how much current it can
deliver. It's invaluable for quick testing of a lead acid battery.

Then explain how it can determine the Ah rating. it sounds like it
tests the battery's ESR and guesses the Ah rating.

Does your car battery tell you the discharge
rate to achieve the marked Ah rating?

It's also a standard in the UK. 20 hour rate.

So you can leave your headlights on for 20 hours with no problems?

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!