Posted to alt.home.repair
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default Congress may flip switch on CFLs

"Jeff Thies" wrote in message ...

This is great! Let's get some lead back in the gas too. And let's get
some more pro consumption legislation going. We need to use more energy
and water! There's plenty of both for the time being and Jesus will just
make more later. That's what the Moonies believe, you can read it all in
the Washington Times. Go Moonies! I think Sarah Palin is down with this
too. Hey Bub, good enough for you too?

If only this were a joke. Sadly, a lot of Americans figure it's their right
and/or duty to consume all they possibly can, shortages and pollution other
people will have to deal with later just are not their problem.

What happened to convince so many people that their worth as human beings
depends on how big and wasteful their possessions are?

I saw a guy parking a Hummer awhile back, took him several tries to get it
sort of into the parking space. Then down climbed this little pot-bellied,
balding guy, looked like he couldn't twist the top off a ketchup bottle by
himself--it was such a perfect cliché that I had trouble not laughing. I
doubt he had ever taken that thing off the pavement, and it probably
replaced a Corvette when his wife told him to get something more practical.